Saturday, March 16, 2013

Haridwar

Sick sick sick again, this time GI. Two imodium day. Went out with group but whoozy and weak. Think it might have been the carrot dessert last night.
Visited two old temples, both by cable car. The views were spectacular, but in temple one the monkeys were incredibly aggressive. I had several close encounters of my own but thanks my shouts and foot stomps, and those of Fred and an Indian gentleman, I remained the proud possessor of my coke. I saw several other people who were not so fortunate however as the monkeys grabbed and ripped open their puja offerings.
In the second temple, the people were caged in and the monkeys watched but couldn't get to us. The priests however could, and they were just as aggressive. Nothing like the serene ashrams we have been visiting.
Would not return to either, despite  the wonderful rides up and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment